WiFi module firmware upgrade
- Flash a sketch on Fishino which do not use hardware serial port. The BLINK example is perfect for this purpose. This step is needed to avoid conflicts on serial port which will also be connected to ESP module. If the application is unable to locate Fishino port, the problem comes likely from a sketch using Fishino’s serial port.
- Connect Fishino TX pin with ESP-TX pin on ESP connector, and Fishino RX pin with ESP-RX pin on ESP connector (see picture)
- Connect GPIO0 pin on ESP connector to ground with a cable or a jumper ( see picture)
- Connect Fishino to a PC (o press RESET if already connected)
- Run FishinoFlasher application, checking that an internet connection is available.
On Fishino32 no connection is needed; just press reset button and keep it pressed up to blue led starts flashing, then run FishinoFlasher application as usual.
Once done, just press reset again shortly to switch to normal mode.
If something goes wrong, before asking for support please check following points:
- Check your internet connection
- Please disable your firewall, antivirus or both, or set FishinoFlasher as trusted application
- Double check the 3 connections for UNO, Mega and Guppy boards
- Did you load Blink sketch before preparing for flash ?
- Try to change USB cable, even more than once. Some USB cables have really bad supply capabilities
- Try on different OS version (windows 10 sometimes has problems)
- Try to disable antivirus application
- Try to change USB cable
- Try on different OS version
- Try again
- If still not working, try with another USB cable
- If still not working, try with a different OS version
- If still not working you've probably got a defective WiFi module